While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt


Sunday, May 19, 2019

Igniting Assessment

I was recently given the opportunity to speak at an Ignite Event for CAfLN (Canadian Assessment for Learning Network) Conference.

What could I say to this audience- the converted- about assessment for learning that could be thought-provoking? I wasn't sure anything I had to say could possibly be profound to the leaders of our country in formative assessment.

So, I decided to tell my story- the good, the bad and the ugly- of moving from grades to a standards-based assessment. It hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. There have been A LOT of discussions, changes, struggles, and hurdles to overcome. And I'm nowhere near at the end of my journey.

Here's my story. And thank you, Dr. Suess, for your inspiration.

https://youtu.be/aRLIpPRS5Ac

No comments:

Post a Comment